Safe Extractions Performed by Your Dentist near Alta IL
Although it may not sound appealing, sometimes patients need a tooth extracted for the safety of their own oral and dental health. If a tooth can't be saved or fixed with the help of a filling, crown, or other treatment, then an extraction may be the next best choice. J.S. Whitson LTD is a dental practice that proudly serves the surrounding areas and towns, including Alta, IL.
Here are some of the reasons that your dentist near Alta IL may need to remove one or multiple teeth:
- Some patients may have extra teeth that are blocking other teeth from coming in and properly erupting
- Baby teeth may not have fallen out in time in order to allow the permanent teeth to come in
- If a patient is getting braces, a professional may need to extract teeth to create room for the teeth that are being moved into place during the orthodontic treatment
- If a tooth is the source of an infection, the safest choice could be to remove said tooth so the infection/damage doesn't spread to the rest of your healthy teeth
- Wisdom teeth are typically extracted either before or after they fully come in, due to constant pressure pain from being impacted, decay, or infection
We will ensure that each and every patient who receives a dental extraction is giving the proper post-care in order for the area to properly heal. If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment/consultation, don't hesitate to call your dentist near Alta IL at (309) 688-7321 today.